Friday 8 December 2017

SOCIAL MEDIA #2 - Twitter

Founders: Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, Evan Williams
Created: March 2006
Launched: July 15, 2006

Limit of words.



In the case of Anne-Marie, her #ConfidentForAnneMarie hashtag was not only a way to get personal affirmation following online trolling she faced about her image, but it in turn helped her fans. In posting images of their bodies with the hashtag, they felt part of a community. In the same way that teen girls would attempt to create Britney Spears’s washboard abs in the 90s, Anne-Marie fans were mimicking their favourite pop star’s sense of self-love. “As long as I’m speaking constantly and showing them that I am going through the same stuff, as long as I’m helping them out, I’m going to carry on being proper open and take pictures of my body,” she says. “I love being open and honest with people.”

... 

No comments:

Post a Comment