Thursday 1 June 2017

And so it begins again!

TBC: Turn this into a podcast

Hello, welcome to my blog, which holds the purpose of detailing the research + planning, production and evaluation process of my A2 Media coursework. 


My task is to create a music promo package, with the main task of creating a music video, accompanied by two ancillary texts/paratexts, a digipak cover for the album and a website for the artist/band.


My favourite musician is David Bowie, other huge interests include Halsey, Kendrick Lamar and Queen, and I'm developing a huge passion for Depeche Mode.


I don't want to do a stereotypical romance narrative for my video and conform to the conventions of modern mainstream chart-hit music.


I am looking forward to:

  • Expanding my cinematographymise-en-scèneediting skills
  • Expanding my knowledge on media theory, also for preparation in the fields of media language, audience, genre, narrative and representation
  • Unlike Evie I haven't done the IGCSE, so I have no experience in print or web work, I am looking forward to working with Photoshop and Wix

THINGS TO IMPROVE

  • Use of call sheets and storyboards without fail
  • Don't rely on actors to bring costumes or props (near close shave of not making sure Hannah took the costume bag with her when changing from costume)
  • Debrief the actors better so that there aren't any misunderstandings (like Hannah being uncomfortable with the footage being shown in the auditorium) 
  • Plan more and have consistency for my blog (don't leave multiple posts unfinished)
  • I intend to use the app Google Calendar to follow this through 

THE FINAL CUT OF MY AS COURSEWORK



...

No comments:

Post a Comment